I’ve decided to try switching this website back to using Hugo to manage the content and generate the static HTML pages. I’ve been on the Python-based Nikola for a few years now, but recently I’ve been finding it quite slow, and very confusing to understand how to do certain things. I used Hugo recently for the GLAM Data Science Network website and found it had come on a lot since the last time I was using it, so I thought I’d give it another go, and redesign this site to be a bit more minimal at the same time.
The theme is still a work in progress so it’ll probably look a bit rough around the edges for a while, but I think I’m happy enough to publish it now. When I get round to it I might publish some more detailed thoughts on the design.
I’ve updated my blog theme to use the quasi-proportional fonts Iosevka Aile and Iosevka Etoile. I really like the aesthetic, as they look like fixed-width console fonts (I use the true fixed-width version of Iosevka in my terminal and text editor) but they’re actually proportional which makes them easier to read.