I've just switched my blog over to the Nikola static site generator. Hopefully you won't notice a thing, but there might be a few weird spectres around til I get all the kinks ironed out.
I've made the switch for a couple of main reasons:
- Nikola supports Jupyter notebooks as a source format for blog posts, which will be useful to include code snippets
- It's written in Python, a language which I actually know, so I'm more likely to be able to fix things that break, customise it and potentially contribute to the open source project (by contrast, Hugo is written in Go, which I'm not really familiar with)